OklahomaLawyer.com Annual $1,000 Scholarship
The attorneys at Hasbrook & Hasbrook are pleased to present a $1,000 scholarship award to one student each year. Applying is easy, just following the instructions below. The student who has been selected will be announced on August, 31, 2018. Good luck.
$1,000 scholarship, to be paid directly to an accredited college or university in the U.S., to be applied to the winner’s student account.
- Must be a high school senior graduating in 2018 or college student.
- Must be a U.S. citizen living in the U.S. and attending school in the U.S.
Annual deadline to submit your entry is July 31. A winner will be announced on or before August 31.
How to Apply
Create a cover page (not a full cover letter) that contains the following information:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- What school you currently attend
- What school you are attending next semester
Type the following honor statement on your cover page and sign your signature:
My essay is my own original work, not copied from another source, and not written by someone other than myself. [Signature]
- Include your cover page, essay and tweet as a single document and save it as a PDF.
- Make sure all of the information requested above is contained in your single PDF.
- Remember to tweet your your message with this url. Attach your PDF and a photo of yourself and send to email@example.com.
- Make sure your photo has your name in the filename. Your email should contain just two attachments: one PDF and one photo.
The winner will be selected solely on the basis of the following essay.
- Write a 140-word essay. Then, write a 140-character tweet-worthy summary of the essay. Both the essay and tweet will be considered.
- The winning essay will be on a topic related to one of Hasbrook & Hasbrook’s nine practice areas. It will be the essay we will be most proud to display on our website, www.OklahomaLawyer.com. Make us proud!
- Our nine practice areas are personal injury, auto accidents, medical malpractice, dangerous drugs and medical devices, nursing home abuse, insurance law, and product liability. For more information about these practice areas and the kinds of issues we deal with, see our website and our blog.
- Remember, we represent people who have been injured or harmed; the winning essay will be sympathetic to their point of view.
- The essay may inform or advocate or both. These are familiar topics that are covered often by the media. The winning essay will not simply rehash what has already been said; it will present something new and/or communicate an idea in a creative way.
- Don’t be fooled. It is much harder to write a good 140-word essay than to write a good 500-word or 1000-word essay. Make every word count.
- Judging will be done by members of our law firm. Their final decision will be based on: (1) relevance to one of our practice areas, (2) composition and (3) creativity.
Terms and Conditions
- All submitted essays, tweets and photos become property of the Hasbrook & Hasbrook law firm and can be used, along with the names of the authors, publicly and promotionally, including on our firm’s website and social media pages.
- If requested, the winner will submit school documents and/or other proof of eligibility.