Were You Injured at One of the Top 25 Most Dangerous Intersections in Edmond, Oklahoma?
The City of Edmond’s Engineering Department has released a list of the 25 most hazardous intersections in Edmond, Oklahoma. You’ll probably guess a few of them in advance, while others may come as a surprise. Perhaps there’s one you drive through every day on your way to work or school. We sincerely hope you will never have the misfortune of being injured at any of these intersections (or at any intersections, for that matter), but if your vehicle is ever T-boned or rear-ended, know you can turn to the Oklahoma personal injury lawyers of Hasbrook & Hasbrook for aggressive legal representation. If the motorist who struck your car was driving negligently, you may have a right to be compensated.
Engineering Department Lists 25 Worst Intersections in Edmond, OK
According to the city’s Engineering Department, here are the top 25 most dangerous intersections located in Edmond, Oklahoma:
- East 33rd Street and Wynn Drive (Zip code: 73013)
- East 2nd Street and South Boulevard (73034)
- West Edmond Road and Fretz Avenue (73003)
- East Danforth Road and North Broadway (73034)
- East 15th Street and South Rankin Street (73013)
- East Danforth Road and North Boulevard Street (73034)
- East 2nd Street and Vista Lane (73034)
- East 2nd Street and South/North Coltrane Road (73034)
- West 15th Street and South/North Santa Fe Avenue (73013)
- East 2nd Street and South Baumann Avenue/Waterwood Parkway (73034)
- East 33rd Street and South Boulevard (73013)
- East 15th Street and South Bryant Avenue (73013)
- East 2nd Street and South Littler Avenue (73034)
- East 15th Street and Pine Oak Drive (73013)
- West Edmond Road and South Kelly Avenue (73003)
- West 15th Street and South Kelly Avenue (73013)
- West Edmond Road/East 2nd Street and North/South Broadway (73034)
- West Danforth Road and North Broadway (73034)
- West Danforth Road and North Santa Fe Avenue (73003)
- East 15th Street and South Boulevard (73034)
- West Edmond Road and North/South Santa Fe Avenue (73003)
- West Danforth Road and North Kelly Avenue (73003)
- West/East 15th Street and South Broadway (73034)
- West/East 33rd Street and South Broadway (73013)
- East 2nd Street and South Bryant Avenue (73034)
As you can see, many of the roads named by the Engineering Department are repeat offenders, with 33rd Street, East 2nd Street (US-77), 15th Street, Bryant Avenue, Danforth Road, Santa Fe Avenue, Kelly Avenue, and Broadway (US-77) all making multiple appearances on the list. Most of the worst intersections are concentrated in the 73034 and 73013 zip codes of Edmond, though there are a few problem areas in the 73003 zip code, too.
How Negligence and Driver Errors Cause Intersection Crashes
Intersections pose a high accident risk for obvious reasons. Intersection design flaws and lack of regular road maintenance can lead to problems like poor visibility, confusing or faded signage, and potholes. Under these conditions, even experienced drivers can get confused at poorly-designed intersections, leading to accidents that might have been prevented with superior planning or construction.
While intersection design inarguably plays a major role in the incidence (and prevention) of multi-vehicle collisions, the largest risk factor is undoubtedly human behavior. Studies have shown that driver errors may account for as many as 90% of car crashes, with only a tiny fraction caused by external factors like inclement weather, vehicle defects, or road defects. Some common examples of negligent driving mistakes that can lead to an avoidable intersection accident in Edmond include:
- Accelerating too quickly.
- Braking too late.
- Changing lanes in the middle of an intersection.
- Driving while intoxicated by alcohol and/or drugs.
- Failing to check rearview mirrors and side mirrors for other vehicles, which can easily lead to a motorcycle accident or bicycle accident.
- Failing to execute turns properly.
- Failing to stop for people in the crosswalk, leading to a pedestrian accident.
- Failing to stop at a red light.
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to other vehicles.
- Following other vehicles too closely, leading to a rear-end collision.
- Getting distracted by food, apps, makeup, text messages, radio stations, people in the vehicle, or other distractions.
Contact Our Oklahoma Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you were hurt in a collision at an intersection in Edmond or other cities nearby, call the experienced Edmond car accident lawyers of Hasbrook & Hasbrook at (405) 698-3040 to set up a free legal consultation. We will keep your information private.
Depending on how and why your accident occurred, you could have a right to get compensated for your medical bills, lost income, and the pain and suffering you’ve had to endure because of your injuries. With more than 75 years of combined experience handling intersection accident claims in Oklahoma, our attorneys bring detailed knowledge and an aggressive legal strategy to every matter we handle on behalf of crash victims in Edmond.