Speeding accidents in Oklahoma City are alarmingly common and often result in serious consequences. Hasbrook & Hasbrook specializes in helping victims of speeding accidents in Oklahoma City. We have the expertise and commitment to champion your rights and obtain the compensation you lawfully deserve.
Even a minor motor vehicle collision can lead to a major car accident injury. When speeding is involved, serious injuries could result. That is why you need an experienced car accident attorney to negotiate with the insurance company and fight for your rights. Oklahoma car accident lawyer is here to fight for you.
Learn more about car accident claims below. Then, contact our car accident attorneys for help with your claim.
- An Oklahoma City Speeding Accident Lawyer Can Help You Win Maximum Compensation for Your Injury and Losses
- Statistics on Speeding-Related Accidents in Oklahoma City
- Relevant Traffic Laws and Regulations in Oklahoma
- Common Causes of Speeding Accidents
- Common Oklahoma City Car Accident Injuries
- Consequences of Speeding Accidents
- Things You Should Do Following a Speeding Accident in Oklahoma City
- Legal Process for Speeding Accident Cases
- Proving Negligence in a Speeding Accident Claim in Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma’s Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Lawsuits
- Damages Available in a Speeding Accident Claim
- How Our Oklahoma City Speeding Accident Attorney Can Help You
- Speak to Our Oklahoma City Speeding Accident Attorney at Hasbrook & Hasbrook Today
An Oklahoma City Speeding Accident Lawyer Can Help You Win Maximum Compensation for Your Injury and Losses
When you’re dealing with the aftermath of a speeding accident, you need a lawyer who knows how to win. Hasbrook & Hasbrook has a proven track record of securing maximum compensation for our clients. We understand the financial impact of your injuries and losses. We make sure that you receive the compensation you need for recovery.
We approach each case with a personalized strategy. Our attorneys take the time to understand every detail of your accident and its impact on your life. We’re not just fighting for compensation; we’re fighting for justice on your behalf. Our commitment is to make sure your voice is heard, and your losses are recognized. Let our car accident lawyers help you with your car accident claim.
Statistics on Speeding-Related Accidents in Oklahoma City
Speeding remains a principal cause of serious car accidents in Oklahoma City and across the country. From 2020 to 2021, the number of crashes in the United States due to speeding rose by 8 percent. More than 12,000 people were killed in speeding-related accidents in 2021 alone. This represents close to 30 percent of all traffic fatalities. These numbers show that more attention must be paid to speeding.
Relevant Traffic Laws and Regulations in Oklahoma
Oklahoma has strict laws and regulations to reduce speeding and promote road safety. These laws set speed limits, define reckless driving, and establish penalties for speeding violations. Our team at Hasbrook & Hasbrook is well-versed in these laws. We use this knowledge to strengthen your car crash case.
In addition to state laws, Oklahoma City has local ordinances that govern speed limits and traffic safety. We consider these local laws when building your case. Our attorneys use violations of these laws to establish the negligence of the speeding driver. This is key to securing your rightful compensation for healthcare bills through a car accident lawsuit.
Common Causes of Speeding Accidents
Speeding accidents in Oklahoma City can happen for various reasons. Each cause helps us understand who is at fault and how to approach your case.
Many speeding accidents are due to driver factors like impatience, disregard for laws, or aggressive driving. Sometimes, drivers speed because they are running late or they’re just habitual speeders. Our team investigates the driver’s history and behavior. This helps us prove negligence in your case.
Road and Environmental Factors
Road design, poor signage, or environmental factors like weather can also contribute to speeding accidents. We look into whether these factors played a role in your accident. This includes examining road conditions and weather reports. These details can be crucial in establishing fault and liability.
Sometimes, mechanical issues with a vehicle can lead to a speeding accident. This could be due to faulty brakes or acceleration problems. We investigate the vehicle’s maintenance history and inspect for any mechanical failures.
Common Oklahoma City Car Accident Injuries
- Head and Brain Injuries: Speeding accidents often result in head injuries. They can include everything from concussions to major head and brain injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal injuries may lead to paralysis or other long-term disabilities requiring extensive medical care.
- Broken Bones: The force of a speeding crash can easily break bones, leading to painful recoveries and possible surgeries.
- Internal Injuries: Speeding increases the risk of internal bleeding and organ damage, which can be life-threatening.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Shattered glass and metal can cause deep cuts, leading to substantial blood loss and scarring.
- Psychological Trauma: Victims of speeding accidents often suffer from PTSD, anxiety, and depression following the traumatic event.
- Whiplash: This common neck injury results from the rapid back-and-forth movement of the head, often seen in high-speed collisions.
Consequences of Speeding Accidents
- Personal Injuries: Speeding accidents usually result in severe personal injuries. These injuries vary from minor to life-threatening. The recovery process can be long and painful. It often involves extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation. These could include broken bones and spinal cord injuries.
- Fatalities: Unfortunately, speeding accidents in Oklahoma City can lead to fatalities. The loss of a loved one is devastating and has a profound impact on families. In these tragic cases, we help families seek justice and compensation through wrongful death claims.
- Property Damage: High-speed impacts often cause significant property damage. This can encompass damage to your vehicle and other personal property. We work to ensure you receive compensation for all property damages incurred in the accident.
- Psychological Impact: A speeding accident’s emotional and psychological impact can be as severe as physical injuries. Victims often experience trauma, fear, and anxiety long after the accident. We consider these impacts when seeking compensation for your suffering.
- Legal Consequences: Speeding drivers face legal consequences for their actions. This can include fines, license suspension, or even jail time. Our team uses these legal consequences as part of our strategy to prove negligence and liability.
- Increased Insurance Premiums: Victims often face increased insurance premiums after a speeding accident. This added financial burden can be challenging. We strive to include these costs in your compensation claim.
Things You Should Do Following a Speeding Accident in Oklahoma City
- Immediate Actions at the Accident Scene: Safety is your first priority after an accident. Move to a secure location and check for injuries. Call 911 immediately, no matter how minor the crash might seem. This ensures that emergency services are on their way and that the accident is officially documented.
- Seeking Medical Attention and Documenting Injuries: Even if you don’t feel hurt, seek medical attention. Certain injuries, like internal bleeding, may not be immediately obvious. Document your injuries with photos and keep all medical records. This documentation is crucial for your case.
- Gathering Evidence and Witness Information: Collect as much information as possible at the scene. This includes taking photos, getting contact details of witnesses, and noting the conditions of the road. The more evidence you have, the stronger your case will be.
- Reporting the Accident to the Authorities: Report the accident to the police as soon as possible. A police report is an essential document in any car accident case. It establishes an official record of the crash itself. Make sure to get a copy of the police report for your records.
- Contacting a Speeding Accident Lawyer: Contact Hasbrook & Hasbrook immediately after your accident. We always provide a free initial consultation to review your situation. Our team can start building your case right away. The sooner you get legal representation, the better.
Legal Process for Speeding Accident Cases
The legal process for speeding accident cases involves several steps. First, we file a claim on your behalf. This includes detailing your injuries, losses, and the negligence that caused the accident. We then negotiate with the insurance companies to try to reach a fair settlement.
If we can’t reach a satisfactory settlement, we are prepared to take your case to court. Our team is experienced in litigating speeding accident cases. We present a strong argument backed by evidence. Our goal is to secure the compensation you deserve through a court verdict.
Proving Negligence in a Speeding Accident Claim in Oklahoma City
Proving negligence is key in a speeding accident claim. We need to show that the other driver was speeding and that this caused the accident. We use evidence like police reports, witness statements, and traffic camera footage. Our team also consults with accident reconstruction experts to strengthen your case.
We also consider other factors that might have contributed to the accident. This includes road conditions, vehicle maintenance, and weather. By thoroughly investigating and presenting all relevant factors, we build a strong case for your claim.
Oklahoma’s Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Lawsuits
In Oklahoma, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit after a car accident. As a rule, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. It’s crucial to act within this timeframe. If you miss this deadline, you might lose your right to claim compensation. Our team ensures that all legal actions are taken within the required time limits.
Damages Available in a Speeding Accident Claim
Speeding accident victims in Oklahoma City can claim various types of damages. These include damages for medical bills, lost pay, and pain and suffering. Our law office works to ensure that you receive full compensation for all your losses.
Medical Expenses and Healthcare Costs
Medical expenses can be overwhelming after a speeding accident. Compensation can cover hospital bills, surgeries, medication, and ongoing therapy. We make sure to account for both current and future medical expenses in your claim.
Property damage is common in speeding accidents. This includes damage to your vehicle and any personal belongings that were in the car. We work to get you compensation for repairs or replacement of your property.
Lost Wages and Future Income
If you cannot return to work, you may be owed compensation for lost wages. This includes not only your current lost income but also future earning capacity if your injuries affect your long-term ability to work.
Pain and Suffering Damages
Pain and suffering compensation addresses the physical and emotional distress caused by the accident. Calculating these damages can be complex, but our team knows how to value them accurately. We ensure that your pain and suffering are fully recognized in your claim.
Wrongful Death Claims (If Applicable)
In cases where a speeding accident results in a fatality, the family of the departed individual can file a wrongful death claim. This can include compensation for interment and burial costs, any medical bills, and even the loss of a relationship. Our attorneys handle these cases with sensitivity and determination, aiming to bring some measure of relief to grieving families.
How Our Oklahoma City Speeding Accident Attorney Can Help You
- Initial Consultation and Case Evaluation: Your first step with Hasbrook & Hasbrook is a free initial consultation. Here, we discuss the details of your accident and assess your legal options. This meeting is crucial for understanding the specifics of your case and planning the way forward.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: We conduct a thorough investigation of your accident. This includes gathering all available evidence, such as police reports, witness statements, and camera footage. Our detailed approach ensures we have a strong foundation for your case.
- Legal Strategy Development and Case Preparation: Our team develops a tailored legal strategy based on the specifics of your case. We prepare meticulously, considering all aspects of your situation. Our preparation is key to effectively presenting your case, whether in negotiations or at trial.
- Negotiation With Insurance Companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be challenging. Our experienced lawyers handle these negotiations on your behalf. We fight to ensure that you receive a fair settlement.
- Representation in Court if Necessary: If a fair settlement is not achievable, we are prepared to represent you in court. Our attorneys are experienced in litigating speeding accident cases. We present a strong case backed by solid evidence, aiming for the best possible outcome for you.
Speak to Our Oklahoma City Speeding Accident Attorney at Hasbrook & Hasbrook Today
If you’ve been involved in a speeding accident in Oklahoma City, don’t wait to get the legal support you need. Contact us today for a free consultation. We’ll listen to your story and answer your questions. Let us fight for you.