No DUI Free Holiday Rides
Why It Matters
Getting behind the wheel after having too much to drink is a life-threatening choice. And every year in Oklahoma, alcohol contributes to hundreds of crashes, sometimes taking the lives of unsuspecting and innocent victims. Consider the following statistics about alcohol-related crashes in Oklahoma:
According to the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office, there were 1,988 alcohol-related crashes recorded throughout the year 2015 in the state. Of these accidents, there were 62 fatalities, and 130 incapacitating injuries reported. There were also more than 450 non-incapacitating injuries reported, meaning that each day throughout the year, there was an average of at least one person – and sometimes more – injured in an alcohol-related crash in the state. The majority of drivers with an alcohol-related condition (i.e. impairment) who were involved in crashes were between 20 and 29 years old. To be sure, drivers in this age category comprised 708 impaired drivers.
According to the state’s data, there were also 22 pedestrians involved in alcohol-related crashes, and five bicyclists.
2015 wasn’t the only year in which drunk drivers took to the streets and caused serious crashes; the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that from 2003 through 2012, 2,205 people were killed in drunk driving accidents in the state.
So this year, please don’t get behind the wheel after drinking. We want to help Oklahoma City residents stay safe by providing free rides home on the biggest drinking holidays of the year.
Holidays That Qualify in 2017
|St. Patrick’s Day||March 17th, 7PM – March 18th, 10AM|
|Cinco de Mayo||May 5th, 7PM – May 6th, 10AM|
|Independence Day||July 4th, 5PM – July 5th, 10AM|
|Labor Day||September 5th, 5PM – September 6th, 10AM|
|Halloweeen||October 31st, 7PM – November 1st, 10AM|
|New Year’s Eve||December 31st, 7PM – January 1st, 10AM|
Where Our No DWI Campaign Has Been Featured
How it Works
- Rides must be in the Oklahoma City metro area.
- Rides must be taken between the start and end dates and times specified above.
- You must be of legal drinking age to qualify (21 and over)
- Valid for one, one-way ride to a safe destination
- Limit one reimbursement per household
- Maximum value of $30.00 anywhere in the Oklahoma City metro area
- Participation in this promotion is limited to the first 1,000 submissions.
- Within 7 days of the end date, a Receipt, Photocopy of Valid Driver’s License, and PayPal associated email address must be sent to: No DUI Free Holiday Rides
Hasbrook & Hasbrook
400 N Walker Ave #130
Oklahoma City, OK 73102